RFS: libghttp and libhttp-ghttp-perl (orphaned)

On Friday 26 December 2003 09:14 pm, Michael K. Edwards wrote:
> On Friday 26 December 2003 08:00 am, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > And libhttp-ghttp-perl is used by axkit which is ITA'ed.  So maybe the
> > person that ITA'ed axkit should also take these two packages.
>
> I am that person, and will happily take those packages.  I will probably
> also port axkit to another HTTP library at some point.
[snip]

I am looking for an upload sponsor for my adoption of libghttp and
libhttp-ghttp-perl as a new maintainer.  This is my first actual RFS, and
ideally I would like a sponsor who is willing to see me through the NM
process if my work is good.  I selected these because I have also ITA'ed
axkit (which depends on them) and a collection of related packages, which I
am working on testing thoroughly before sending an RFS.

Candidate packages for libghttp (the original GNOME HTTP client library) and
libhttp-ghttp-perl (a Perl module wrapped around libghttp) are in my
debarchiver repository at http://www-static.sane.net/debian/.  They are
lintian and linda clean, and debian/rules has been reworked in each to
reflect what I understand to be current packaging practice.  The libghttp
package includes a fix for the one outstanding bug in the BTS; regression
testing with other packages that depend on libghttp would be very welcome.

The key with which they are signed (ID 7D3E9B5F) is one that I am using to
work through technical issues with auto-signing.  I would like some guidance
with regard to primary key / subkey best practices before I generate a
permanent private key and seek to join the web of trust.

- Michael