Re: Splitting man pages

blacksheep <blacksheep@lulli.net> schrieb:

> 	Hallo folks!
> 	I had to wrote a lot of man pages for a multiple-binary package.
> 	They have to include all the same portion of text for full explanation.
> 	A first solution I found was to provide an additional troff document
> 	which any man page would include as follows:
>
> .so additional.1
>
> 	But lintian shout out something like:
>
> WHAT IS THAT FOR ? You should not provide a mapage with no corresponding binary !

At a first glance, I couldn't find how it is achieved, but: There's a
whole lot of packages that ship manpages for configuration files, for C
functions or whatever (essentially everything in man sections
2,3,4,5,7). And lintian doesn't complain, at least not in any case.

Perhaps you just need to split out the additional stuff into a manpage
in one of these sections? Or you could have a look at bash. I don't know
whether it's lintian clean, but it _has_ a manpage without a binary in
sectin 1: builtins(1).

Bye, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie