Re: RFS: Intel's OpenCV library for computer vision applications

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003, Daniel A. Nagy wrote:
> I am seeking a sponsor for the above mentioned package(s). They claim
> to be "Open Source"*, but as far as I could judge from their (rather
> short) license, they might be considered non-free from a Debian point
> of view.

The license looks like a 3 clause BSD to me, and as such is generally
considered free under the DFSG.

Just for future reference, debian-legal@lists.debian.org is the
canonical place to ask Debian related licensing questions. [I totally
missed the legal question in your message myself since I'm not a DD
and hence can't sponsor your package.]

Don Armstrong

--
The sheer ponderousness of the panel's opinion ... refutes its thesis
far more convincingly than anything I might say. The panel's labored

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu