Re: Renaming a package

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 05:16:53PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 10:03:11 +0200, Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> said:
[...]
>> quoting a recent discussion on debian-devel:
>>> -------------- From: Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> To:
[...]
>>> Mindless optimism. If you try skipping a release on a box with a
>>> fair amount of stuff installed, expect to spend all day fixing it.
>>> --------------

> 	The response should be to determine where these glitches lie
>  and fix them, rather than just compromising on quality.

Go ahead, invest your time if you think it is important enough.
Personally I think there is (and will always be) more important work
to do while Debian's release interval is >>12 Months.

> > I would like to add to this experience that all the packages added
> > after woody's release have never been tested whether their
> > debconf-scripts run with potato's bash at all (see e.g. #209720).
>
> 	Sounds like a bug to me.

Could you be more verbose what you consider to be a bug?
[ ] The fact that we don't regularily make test installations of sid
    packages on potato
[ ] The fact that potato's bash has some bugs that sid's one does not.
[ ] Something else.
           cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"