Renaming a package

Hi all,

In the upcoming version of the `emacs-goodies-el' source package, I want
the following to happen to these bianry packages:

 `emacs-goodies-extra-el'
   -> removed and contents merged into `emacs-goodies-el'

 `debbugs-el'
   -> replaced by `debian-el'

I did the following in the control file:

Package: emacs-goodies-el
Replaces: emacs-goodies-extra-el
Conflicts: emacs-goodies-extra-el
Provides: emacs-goodies-extra-el

Package: debian-el
Conflicts: debbugs-el
Replaces: debbugs-el
Provides: debbugs-el

I created a Packages.gz file to test the upgrade to these and added an
entry to it to sources.list.  Here's what happens:

# apt-get -u dist-upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
The following packages have been kept back
  dpkg-dev-el emacs-goodies-el libsmpeg0 printtool rwho
The following packages will be upgraded
  devscripts-el gnus-bonus-el

So it's holding back the two affected packages.  However, installing
them explicitely works:

# apt-get install dpkg-dev-el emacs-goodies-el
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  debian-el
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  debbugs-el emacs-goodies-extra-el
  debian-el
The following packages will be upgraded
  dpkg-dev-el emacs-goodies-el
2 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 2 to remove and 5  not upgraded.
Need to get 480kB of archives. After unpacking 73.7kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,