Re: Debconf problem: Question asked twice

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>>
>> For tetex-bin, however, we need to set the flag for every user. I think
>> the only solution is to create an additional question that's only used
>> internally to store the information wether the setting of the flag has
>> been done yet.
>
> I'm sorry I was short with you earlier. I try to be more helpful on
> -memtors.

Oh, I don't mind. If you are more verbose, it saves me time, but it
consumes yours. And perhaps I learn it better if I have to find the
answer in 37k of debconf-devel.

> I'd be leery of using a debconf question as your semaphore, but I
> suppose it might work. If you're going this route you could just make
> up your own flag and add it to the question whose seen flag you are
> modfying.

Thank you, creating my own flag would make it more straigtforward, I
think.

Bye, Frank

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie