Re: FAQ for debian-mentors

* Ismael Valladolid Torres (ismael@sambara.org) [030909 18:35]:
> El martes,  9 de septiembre de 2003, a las 14:27, Andreas Barth escribe:
> > With a sid build environment you're always on the safe side.

> What about, having the choice of building against both the stable and
> the unstable version of a library, choosing the stable version would
> not make the path of the package into stable shorter?

You mean: The library in stable is just to be removed, and you must
upgrade to the new version? In this case a Build-Dep again one of them
could lead to a build against the old version. Furthermore, the build
could lead to different dependencies on different architectures due to
the autobuilders. So, I think ORed build-depends (or virtual) should
be avoided if possible.

Cheers,
Andi
--