Re: randomplay: command-line shuffle music player

I'd like to focus this discussion on my package[1], at least as an
example.  It seems to me that although it is simple, it is useful,
nonobvious, and nonredundant with anything in Debian.

Maybe the criteria shouldn't be the length of the script, but something
else like general appeal, reuseability, etc.? Of course everyone who
knows Perl could rewrite my 340 line script, but if it's useful to them,
wouldn't it be better to distribute it through Debian?

Are there any guidelines out there beyond the DFSG about what sort of
software belongs in Debian?
--
Adam Kessel
http://bostoncoop.net/adam