Re: RFS: LDAP Account Manager

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 02:23:23PM +0200, Roland Gruber wrote:
> This ITP-bug seems to be for maintainers, I am a developer of LAM but I
> am no Debian maintainer and also did not plan to become one.
> I am just looking for an existing Debian maintainer who checks my
> package for policy violations etc. and maintains it for me.
There are three sollutions:
1. you are acting only as an upstream author;
2. you are acting as a maintainer of this package;
3. you are acting as a maintainer of this package and, additionaly, you want
   to be an official Debian Developer.

Ad.1. In this case fill RFP bug to wnpp, somebody else will package
      your software and will maintain it. Yours role is limited to
      keep a software in good condition :)

Ad.2. There is no necessity to be DD to maintain a package. You can act
      as a maintainer of package containig your software. Fill ITP bug
      and ask here for sponsor. In this case you are responsible for this
      package. Sponsor only checks your work and uploads package.

Ad.3. This case is similar to the 2nd one. Except uploading packages.
      If you pass a NM procedure you will be able to upload your
      packages yourself.

You can read more about WNPP bugs on http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
HTH

Regards