Re: tagging bugs "woody"?

On 30.07.03 10:02 Frank Küster wrote:
Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> schrieb:
Tagging them as "fixed,woody" sounds wrong to me, they'll be listed as
"closed in NMU" and will probably be rereported again.

Oh, does tagging "fixed" automatically result in that?

Yes, bugs listed on http://bugs.debian.org/somepackages as "fixed by NMU" are exactly the ones with a "fixed" tag.

As far as I understood, a NMU is one possibility, but not the only one.

I've used it myself for NMUisms, i.e. if I found a bug in a negleted package that was fixed but not closed, I've tagged it as "fixed" instead of closing it, imvvvho the former is sometimes acceptable, while closing usually should be done by submitter or maintainer.
       cu andreas