Re: Sponsor for popfile

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 04:14 -0300, Lucas Wall wrote:
> Ok... Description fixed. I have some questions about the other two
> items.
>
> Ah... I updated lintian to testing and notice several errors. I'll
> fix them. I used to have one which I was not sure about. Lintian
> complains that symbolic links should be relative, but the link is
> from "/usr/share/doc/popfile/manual" to "/usr/lib/popfile/manual".
> Making it relative would make the link "more cryptic(?)". Should I
> still make it relative?

You shouldn't install documentation in /usr/lib in the first place.
Read the Chapter 12 of Debian Policy at:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html

You should have read the Debian Policy document thoroughly.

> Should I add the closes to the list of changes for the last version
> of the package, or can I append it to the "Initial Release" line?

Put it in the changes list of the lastest version.

> Will the bug tracking system parse the whole file or just the changes
> list for the latest version?

You shouldn't change the log of the previous versions anyway. A 'closes
#nnnnnn' in the changes list of a previous version won't be considered.

Regards,

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--

 .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux      | Building 28C
: :' :  Free Operating System | Monash University VIC 3800