Re: RFS: pose - Palm OS Emulator (5th -and last- try)

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 05:56:07PM -0600, Larry Gilbert wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > In the case of software for Palmpilots and whatnot, unless a DD has
> > compatible hardware, they can't test it.  (Incidentally, if someone really
> > wants to get pose in, they can donate a Palm to me and I'll happily test and
> > sponsor).
>
> Would you settle for a second opinion in testing?  My maintainer-ship is

Unfortunately, all that does is pushes the trust from the sponsee to someone
else.  Since I don't know you any better than the sponsee, that doesn't help
very much.  In theory, if one was trying to do something dodgy, you could
just be a sock puppet... <grin>

OTOH, if you know any DDs personally, your advocacy and prompting might be
enough to get them to upload it, so that's a possible option.  Doesn't help
if you're not friends with a DD in real life.

> If you'd prefer to do it yourself, you can register as a Palm developer at
> palmsource.com for no charge; this will give you access to all of Palm's
> ROM files, going all the way back to the original Pilot 1000.

Hmm... now *there's* an option...

I'll have a look at their "licence agreement" if I get time.  I wouldn't
rely on my sponsorship, though.

- Matt