Re: Build-Recommends?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 08:14:03AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> Is there such a thing as a Build-Recommends? Or a workaround that would
> give you its equivalent?
>
> The problem is that darcs can be compiled either with or without
> libcurl2-dev.  The configure script will nicely notice if libcurl isn't
> available, in which case it just uses an external program (either wget or
> curl) if one is available.  So I'd like to remove the Build-Depends, so I
> won't have to use a modified control file for woody, and yet can get by
> without backporting libcurl2.  Is there a solution for this?
You have to decide wether or not you want to compile it in.  Plenty of
packages have this facility and it is up to the maintainer to make the
call to have the feature in or not.

Think of some programs that have multiple database modules.  It's really
up to the maintainer if they want to have a --with-mysql or --with-pgsql
or both.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/                <csmall@enc.com.au>