Build-Recommends?

Is there such a thing as a Build-Recommends? Or a workaround that would
give you its equivalent?

The problem is that darcs can be compiled either with or without
libcurl2-dev.  The configure script will nicely notice if libcurl isn't
available, in which case it just uses an external program (either wget or
curl) if one is available.  So I'd like to remove the Build-Depends, so I
won't have to use a modified control file for woody, and yet can get by
without backporting libcurl2.  Is there a solution for this?

Oh yeah, and if anyone's interested in sponsoring darcs, I think it might
be ready to go debian in a few weeks--actually make that a month, since
I'll be going on vacation in a week.  The last release had some serious
bugs, but this time I hope to test it better, plus it's stabilized a lot in
the last month.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org/darcs