Re: Package adopt

cermi@softhome.net wrote*:

>> Include the following line in fda's changelog file:
>>
>>   * New maintainer. (closes: #192657)

[... same for judy ...]

>I'm not sure about this. These 'bugs' are just the report that the package
>is orphan  aren't they? The only thing I have to do is send a  mail with

As was suggested, you should include them in your packages changelog.

>these two lines, two mails each with one of these lines? The point of that
>is make the people who reported them that the bug is fixed, isnt it?
>I think I changed to ITA succedfully.

The upload will complete the adoption process, thus these bugs should be closed (by
the first upload with you as maintainer). As is documented, changelog "closes:" is
the preferred method for closing bugs fixed by uploads, which is the case with
adoptions and ITA bugs.

Cheers

T.