Re: ITP: reportbug says a package of this name exists, but I can't find it

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 09:40:40AM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
> Mika Fischer <mika_fischer@gmx.net> schrieb:
>
> > Hi, Frank!
> >
> > * Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch> [2003-07-02 19:13]:
> >> MOLMOL. But when I entered "molmol" as the proposed name and reportbug
> >> had queried the database, it said:
> >>
> >> A package by this name already exists; continue? [y|N|?]?
> >>
> >> However, I cannot find a package of that name, neither in
> >
> > Perhaps you've already packaged it and installed it locally? :)
>
> Yes, I did a first try. But would reportbug use the information in my
> local dpkg database instead of only querying the BTS?

Yes, it does.  Try 'apt-cache policy foo' to see where apt think 'foo'
comes from.  If it's /var/lib/dpkg/status, then the package is not in
the archive, just installed on your local machine.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:      warfare digicash CDMA Verisign morse Axis Of Evil Mantis