Re: RFS: magpie -- Debian reference librarian

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 12:22:12AM +0100, Stephen Stafford wrote:
> Don't worry too much about the last line there (it's just lintian being slow
> to catch up :).  The other warnings need to be dealt with though.  In
> general, read the *.ex files, decide if you need them and if you don;t
> delete them.  If you do then rename them to remove the .ex extensio.

I realized this. The problem was, that these files are in the
orig.tar.gz . I will repack it.

> Is there any particular reason the package build-depends on "c-compiler"?
> gcc provides c-compiler and build-essential depends on gcc, so a c compiler
> should always be installed on any system looking to build the package.

No rationale. Just don't removed it. Will do it then

> The manpage isn't quite like a traditional Unix manpage, but that's not a
> huge issue really...just something you might want to look into at some point.

I'm planning for a 0.6 release. Will do this in my todo list.

> If you fix the *.ex warnings and either remove the c-compiler dependency or
> provide a rationale for it, I'll sponsor the upload for you.

O.k. thanks.
Will mail you directly when done.

Gruesse,
--