Re: Merging sponsorship program and WNPP

There were some discussions about handling the sponsorship program
before, and I think the best solution would be to integrate it into
the NM pages.  Basically, have sponsorship as a pre-stage to NM, so
people can sign up for sponsorship on nm.d.o and then, when they're
ready, change their status easily to an NM application.  Having the
sponsorship information in a proper database would give us many
advantages to having an RFS bug in the BTS.  We can put the
information on a web site, we can generate weekly status reports to
-mentors listing open requests, and we'd also have an accurate list of
sponsored people which would be helpful for QA and MIA tracking.

I would like to discuss the exact requirements for this at debconf and
I hope some PHP hackers will be around who can implement this.  Matt,
ISTR that you will be at debconf but I'm not positive; can you
confirm this?  I think buxy, mihtjel, tollef and most others who have
worked on sponsorship scripts/pages in the past should be there.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com