Re: Should I remove unused directories from the source tree?

Hi.

Frank Küster wrote:
> Should I delete these from the original source? It's clear that this
> won't reduce download size, because they would still be in
> orig.tar.gz. It would just avoid confusion among people who want to
> compile a custom version based on my debianized source. What do you (or
> policy? Didn't find anything) recommend?
The ideal solution would be asking upstream whether a -full.tar.gz and a
-main.tar.gz (the latter not carrying the libraries) is an option.

Apart from that: If you don't delete them from the orig.tar.gz, you probably
won't get rid of them (deletions are ignored by dpkg-buildpackage). Or what
exactly did you have in mind.

Cheers

T.