Re: Howto make one Debian package out of 2 source tar.gz?

Andreas Metzler <ametzler@logic.univie.ac.at> schrieb:

>>> BTW is "2k" part of the name or of the version?
>
>> Its part of the version.
>
> Have you any idea how they are going to increase their version number?
> If they do strange stuff you might be forced to introduce a epoch
> soon.

The release history goes back to 2.1.0, then up to 2.6. After that came
2k.1 and 2k.2. Probably they won't keep that mayor version number until
they can start using 3k, so I should ask (and warn) them.

Thanks for that hint,

Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie