Re: libgtop2 NMU and advice asked.

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 06:35:02PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> > I am currently preparing a NMU for libgtop2, which is broken and whose
> > maintainer told me has no time to fix right now.
> >
> > Now, the problem was that the libgtop library moved from 0.so.0.0.1 to
> > 0.so.1.0.1, and the install rules didn't catch this changes.
>

> The normal procedure is to rename the binary package to
> libgtop2-1 (it should probably have been libgtop2.0-1, but
> people seem to have their own tastes about this.)

Ok, thanks for the info, and what is the procedure concerning this and
NMUs ? Also, while this name change mean the package will linger in NEW
for days, and not fix the corresponding RC bug during all this time ?

> And then noting each maintainer to recompile against the new package,
> and optionally doing a mass-NMU and uploading to DELAYED queue...

So, doing it the hard way. Could anyone provide me a script or something
to get all the problematix packages ? Would a apt-cache rdepends be
enough for this :

$ apt-cache rdepends libgtop2
libgtop2
Reverse Depends:
  gnome-applets2
  hardware-monitor
  libgtop2-daemon
  libgtop2-dev
  netspeed
  seti-applet
  netspeed
  libgtop2-dev
  libgtop2-daemon
  hardware-monitor
  gnome-system-monitor
  gnome-applets
  bubblemon

> A reference document for library package naming is available here:
>
> http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/
> http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html

Ok, thanks.

Friendly,