Re: The Debian Mentors Project

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 10:02:11AM +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:
> Please bear with me but from what I was told by a number of package
> maintainers it is a really long way until one has become a DD. Just
> because Daniel was assigned an AM does not mean there is a guarantee he
> will get his DD access in the next weeks. I doubt that.

That's may be true or not: i joined Debian in less than a month. There
are many factors around that issue.

I want to add my two euro-cents too: IMHO is very unfair, for a Debian
project, to blame another Debian Project or Debian it self (NM is part of
Debian).
More over, it seems to me that you intend to help any non-Debian developer to
distribute his software regardless of the fact he may want or not to join
Debian: that's why i also don't see the point in haveing such a sentence.

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have