greetings! - PennMUSH debian package

Hi all!

I am trying to dive head first into the world of Debian development. As
such, this is my first post to any developer-related mailing list. I
thought the mentor list would be appropriate, as I probably need a
little more hand-holding than the normal development lists are meant to
provide. I already have my key signed by an existing Debian developer.

How are you? Unless I am mistaken, it seems that the Debian distribution
contains very few packages for MUD servers (lambdamoo is a notable
exception). This is understandable, since most MUD servers are not GPL
or do not have a 'free' license. However, I was somewhat surprised to
find that, PennMUSH, available at:

	http://www.pennmush.org

is not available for the Debian distribution.

The license (Artistic License) for the MUSH is here:

	http://ftp.pennmush.org/Source/COPYRITE

It seems like it is okay, in that I cannot immediately find anything
that would prevent it from being packaged. But could someone check over
this anyway?

If the licensing issues are all okay, I would like to package this
software. It certainly is not the simplest of packages, but I think it's
important to work with tasks that you find important, not those that are
easy (necessity is the mother of invention, after all).

Since I know people are busy, I'm basically asking:

	1. Is the license for PennMUSH okay?
	2. Is there any interest for such a package?
	3. Should I (may I) package it?

Regards,

--
Titus Barik (barik@ieee.org)