Question about ITP and where to go first

Hello,

I have been working on packaging libgdsl (the general data structures library),
and am almost finished packaging it, and I have permission from its author. I'm
unsure exactly what to do next, however, because it is unclear. Am I supposed
to file an ITP bug against WNPP? Or should I find a sponsor first? (it seems
that I should have one before applying to be a new maintainer). The
documentation is a little unclear as to the order of things, what am I supposed
to do next?

Morgon