Re: I'd like to help out - where should I start?

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 07:00:15PM -0500, Greg Leffler wrote:
>   [...] The main concern I have with the OS is that there is an awful lot of
> documentation missing or that could be made better, just from my run-ins
> with stuff. [...]
> [...] but want I want to begin with is by helping update or create
> documentation - the problem is that I don't know where to start. I'd
> like to ask for your guidance on where I can get started and how I can
> help the project.

Thanks, Greg.  There is a "to-do" list for Debian's upcoming release, but
you may not need it.  Those very things that you found to be lacking would
certainly need work.  Also, take a look at the BTS and find bugs that you
think you can handle.  Participate in the upcoming bug-squishing parties.
There was a discussion on debian-devel today about the Installation
Manual and what needed to be written.

Unfortunately, "triaging" problems is almost as much work as fixing them,
so you'll mostly have to work undirected unless you ask about specific
items.

							- chad