Kleandisk

Hi there,

I've been working on the orphaned Kleandisk package in the hopes that I could
find a sponsor and take over maintaining it.  I've been able to get it
compiling against the KDE3/QT3 in unstable, and I've been working on cleaning
up the remaining lintian errors.

I also contacted the upstream author and after a delay of a few weeks he
wrote back telling me that he does not currently plan on developing Kleandisk
any more.  This makes me wonder what, if anything, I should do...

Should I go ahead, find a sponsor and patch the current version to work with
KDE?

Should I file a bug report against Kleandisk and send my patches to the QA
Group so that the current version can stay in unstable for the time being?

Should I refrain from patching it and count on it being pulled once KDE3 gets
stabilized?

Should I notify the QA group that the upstream author doesn't plan on
developing it any more?

I like Kleandisk and find it quite usefull, but it does have some noticeable
flaws that need to be worked out.  I wouldn't, for instance, let my wife use
it in it's current form, but I do think that it has potential.  Even so, I'd
rather not take over a package with a dead upstream as my first package.

TIA

John Lightsey