Re: Kleandisk

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 03:27:01PM -0600, John Lightsey wrote:
> I've been working on the orphaned Kleandisk package in the hopes that I could
> find a sponsor and take over maintaining it.  I've been able to get it
> compiling against the KDE3/QT3 in unstable, and I've been working on cleaning
> up the remaining lintian errors.
>
> I also contacted the upstream author and after a delay of a few weeks he
> wrote back telling me that he does not currently plan on developing Kleandisk
> any more.  This makes me wonder what, if anything, I should do...

If the upstream is inactive then you become, rightly or wrongly, the
default upstream.  If you cannot or don't want to be that, then don't
package the program.

I package a fair few things, but I'm also upstream for some of them too.
That is mainly because upstream was unresponsive or had moved on to
other projects.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/                <csmall@enc.com.au>