Re: How free does a non-free package have to be?

Johannes Rohr <j.rohr@gmx.de> writes:
> It seems to me that they just don't care at all about Debian. I really
> wonder _how_ they build their debs. I mean: A binary package which has a
> "Build-depends" field - wouldn't dpkg-buildpackage give an error message
> on this?

What makes you think they use dpkg-buildpackage? It is quite possible
that they use only dpkg-deb. Been there, done that.

--
*     There is no sweeter sound than the crumbling of your fellow man.    *
*                             (Groucho Marx)                              *