Re: How free does a non-free package have to be?

Johannes Rohr <j.rohr@gmx.de> writes:

> [...] I am examining if it is possible to replace
> the installer package with a package that contains the actual
> software. So I'm not planning to make more non-free software available
> to Debian users, but simply to replace an existing package by
> something that is presumably easier to maintain and install.

Since F-prot is already offering Debian packages of (as you stated)
inferior quality, have you offered building a new package for them
(for a small sum optionally)? They could put it in their download
section, and we could remove the installer with no harm done.

--
Robbe