Re: Unofficial package tips

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Fre, 2003-02-28 at 18:08, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> >
> > I would also add something about dependencies. Be sure to build always
> > againt the main debian archive and in the worst case with pkgs that are in
> > your external archive of which you have control of. This should atleast
> > ensure a lower risk of "fried" systems. Do not rely on thirdy part
> > archives even for the smallest piece of software.
>
> I have found pbuilder to be a great way to avoid this as well as other
> build time side effects.

pbuilder is great. as well as the flexibility of its configuration that
permits to add as many sources as you want. i expect an expert users that
is building its own archive perfectly capable of changing pbuilder config.

--
drac (1.11-7) unstable; urgency=low
  * added IPv6 patch from the great IPv6 Team

 -- Noel Koethe <noel@debian.org>  Sun,  9 Feb 2003 19:33:00 +0100