Re: sponsor for btn4ws gimp-perl plug-in needed

Am Mon, 2003-02-24 um 22.56 schrieb Jonas Meurer:
> On 22/02/2003 Jan Dittberner wrote:
> > I packaged my gimp-perl plugin btn4ws.pl and need a sponsor to include
> > it in the debian distribution. The package is available at
> >
> > http://www.dittberner.info/file/btn4ws_0.6-1_all.deb
>
> Normally a sponsor doesn't need the .deb. He needs .orig.tar.gz,
> .diff.gz and .dsc. You should _never_ only provide a .deb.
> According to the debian free software guidelines, you have to provide
> always the sources. And the sources are .orig.tar.gz (which should be
> the original source package), .diff.gz and .dsc (both are created at
> dpkg-buildpackage).

Thanks, for the information. I'm very new with debian. I'm the upstream
developer/maintainer of the mentioned package too and I'm willing to
provide the sources in the required form.

I'll study the debian free software guidelines during the week. I'd also
like to contribute to other packages with open bugs.

I just uploaded the files at the following location:

http://www.dittberner.info/files/debian/btn4ws_0.6-1.diff.gz
http://www.dittberner.info/files/debian/btn4ws_0.6-1.dsc
http://www.dittberner.info/files/debian/btn4ws_0.6-1_all.deb
http://www.dittberner.info/files/debian/btn4ws_0.6-1_i386.changes
http://www.dittberner.info/files/debian/btn4ws_0.6.orig.tar.gz

It would be nice if someone would review it ... lintian likes the deb
:-)

Regards
Jan

--