Re: virtual-package-depends-without-real-package-depends rsh-client

On Sat,  8 Feb 2003 17:14:01 -0700 (MST)
Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> I have reduced the problem to this small example which illustrates the
> problem I am having.
>
>   Package: myserverbundle
>   Architecture: all
>   Section: admin

When you want to Depends: on a virtual package, you must also have an
alternate dependency, on a *real* package.

In this particular case, you want:

Depends: rsh-client | ssh

Since rsh-client is a pure virtual package, you need to suggest a
package to install if the user's machine doesn't already have a package
installed that provides rsh-client.