Re: changelog and /usr/share/doc/package as a symlink

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:15:57 +0900,
Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> wrote:
> Is it not possible to include -x and -sdl version in the
> same package, which makes it in one package?
It is possible if I rename the command name of one of them.

> Is it too large?
Installed-Size:
xsoldier-data   660
xsoldier         96
xsoldier-sdl     92

> Also, is it worth having -x version when there is -sdl version ?
-x version is useful if a user doesn't want to install SDL.

> (is both of them maintained in a good shape or is only one of them?)
I don't know X very well, so SDL version will be better.

> Note: Splitting packages up causes more work, and maintenance
> cost.
Yes, splitting a package sucks, but is it OK a X program package suddenly
changes into a SDL program?  If so, I will debianize xsoldier as a single
package.

--
Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>
Debian developer