Re: gpg key validity question

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 11:22:50AM -0400, christophe barb? wrote:
> IDs are easily forged. I am sure of that since I have see how it works

To misquote Old Man Murray, it's better than relying on scent.

IDs are the best thing we have for identifying the person's real name,
and real names are _required_ for Debian.  Email addresses come and go.
Nicknames should be in comments of UIDs, not as real names.

Speaking of the fickleness of email address, IMO, everyone should have an
addressless UID on their keyrings, so that on the off chance that their ISP
sinks, all their trust metrics don't as well.

						 - chad