gpg key validity question

Hi,

I wonder if it is acceptable to sign a key from someone that :

- I meet him personnaly and saw his ID
- I saw him in a public meeting in a specific role (We can consider he
  is well known)
- I have a lot of public mails from him that are all signed

But the key makes no references to his name.

In my understanding the ID is useless but I have enough element to
believe he is the guy he said he is.

I understand that if I sign his key I personnaly identify him and it
will be enough for him in regard to the identification part of the NM
process.

Should I sign his key ?

Christophe

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
   Albert Einstein, On Science