Re: Library packaging

This one time, at band camp, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
>There could, however, be changes in the source
>which does affect.

This is true, I feel there are many cases that are not easily tested; so I
will _not_ be trying to make a universal soname checker, guaranteed to work
100%.

>I don't know if there could be a systematic way to do it.
>Warning might be possible, but not strict and real checking.

Well, for header files I'm thinking of using a parser, then it would be easy
to compare syntax trees of the two versions.

>Lintian won't be able to do this, because lintian only has access
>to one version of source at the time.

Yes, I'm thinking of a separate program that library maintainers can use.

--
jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg

<liedra> yay, there's wmaker for irix
<liedra> my life is complete ;)
<Balial> wmaker is pants!
<liedra> where pants stands for "pretty amazingly neat t-something system"
        -- #sodfest97