Re: Have Packages, Need Sponsor

* Ian Duggan <ian@ianduggan.net> [020316 23:17]:
> > The source is still missing the diff, there seems to be a redundant
> > tarball instead.
>
> Oops. There was a bug in my upload script. Try now. Third time's the
> charm, hopefully. :)

I'm still missing the .diff.gz

> The redundant .tar.gz was the original source archive left over from the
> beginning of the packaging process. It seems the "dh_make -e" just
> leaves that around? Are you just supposed to remember to get rid of it?

I do not understand, what you say. dh_make normally created me a
.orig.tar.gz and dpkg-buildpackage created an .tar.gz, if there is
no directory named .orig and no .orig.tar.gz

> Also, for the kernel-patch packages which don't have an original source
> .tar.gz, the packaging process creates a .tar.gz and no diff.gz. Is this
> the correct thing?

This might be OK. Current kernel-patch- packages seem to be both native
packages and non-native packages.

If there are changes or adoptions of the patches for debian, it might be
usefull to create an .orig.tar.gz yourself so that theese changes are
better visible. But I've never packaged something with kernel-patches,
better collect other opinions to this.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link