Re: Easy way to create a binary-only .DEB??

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 09:53:45AM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> Debian source package trees (again, either native or non-native) can build &
> install by "make all && make install" provided the Debian maintainer has not
> "tainted" the Makefiles with code that will only give sensible results when
> called from debian/rules.

Hm, I meant to say, although it should be obvious:  The end result if you
do this will not be the same as a Debian package install.  The meta data
associated with Debian packages won't be installed (i.e. it won't be entered
into the local system's Debian package database) and the upstream's defaults
will all be accepted, usually meaning that it will be installed under
/usr/local instead of Debian policy-compliant paths.

Ben