Proper section for perl manpages

I was wondering what the proper extensions for perl manpages are.

My package, spamassassin, currently installs a lot of manpages in section 3
as *.3p.gz. In perl policy, it states that this should be *.3perl.gz, but
I've also noticed a large number of packages we *.3pm.gz manpages. Could
anyone explain what I should do, and whether all these other packages are
deserving of bug reports?

Also, spamassassin has 2 manpages for daemons, and these should, as I
understand it, in section 8, since only system admins would run them.
However, perl policy seems to indicate that only section 1 and 3 can be
used. (I think this might have something to do with perl makefiles too.)
Should I move the manpages to man8?

--
Duncan Findlay