Re: What license is 'uncopyrighted'?

> Hi!
>
> I ITP sqlite and am unsure about the license; the website
> (http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/) states: <quote>Sources are
> uncopyrighted. Use for any purpose.</quote>, but one file in the
> source tree mentions the GPL. Is it possible to have one's code
> 'uncpyrighted'? As I perceived it, the author is always the copyright
> holder...
>
> However, does anyone know what I should fill in in my ITP/Package for
> the license? Public domain? Should I ask the author?

You as the author can give it away uncopyrighted - asking for nothing,
giving it completely for free. Freer even than the BSD license. Yes, as
you say, public domain. However, if the author mentions the GPL, maybe he
got it wrong... Better check directly with him.

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@campus.iztacala.unam.mx - (+52-55)5623-1118