What license is 'uncopyrighted'?

Hi!

I ITP sqlite and am unsure about the license; the website
(http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/) states: <quote>Sources are
uncopyrighted. Use for any purpose.</quote>, but one file in the
source tree mentions the GPL. Is it possible to have one's code
'uncpyrighted'? As I perceived it, the author is always the copyright
holder...

However, does anyone know what I should fill in in my ITP/Package for
the license? Public domain? Should I ask the author?

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Dru@ICQ        | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
Georg-Rendlweg 28        | A-5111 Bürmoos | Austria       | Europe