Re: help with kernel module source

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 03:22:43PM +0100, mody@atlas.cz wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some source code of kernel module. It's a driver for my ISDN modem. I
> want to build this module with kernel in /usr/src/modules directory using
> make-kpkg. So I modified the source code to used autoconf/automake and run
> `dh_make -k`. Fine till here. When I try
> `dpkg-buildparkage -us -uc -rfakeroot it` build the module, but failed when
> trying to copy something from driver/ directory. What should be in this
> directory?
>
> Link to a HOWTO on this would be also helpfull.

Well, the best way of doing this is to look at other packages like them,
i just packaged unicorn-source, which is a kernel module for the bewan
ADSL modems. I think it is easier to understand than other heavyweigth
kernel-modules package like the ALSA modules. It is not perfect though,
since i did not (yet) move some test binaries in their own package. It
is currently sitting in incoming waiting for approval, as it is a new
package.

Friendly,

Sven Luther