Re: What to do with wrong files from upstreams

Karolina Lindqvist <pgd-karolinali@algonet.se> writes:

> tisdagen den 12 november 2002 21.28 skrev Roger Leigh:
>
> > It looks like all the files are pre-existing.  Try running dpkg-source
> > -b from another directory or renaming the noteedit-2.0.16 directory?
>
> ... And then yet another question. When I get the following error message:
>
> In file included from knat_toolbar.cpp:18:
> knat.moc:17: #error "This file was generated using the moc from 3.0.5. It"
> knat.moc:18: #error "cannot be used with the include files from this version
> of Qt."
> knat.moc:19: #error "(The moc has changed too much.)"
>
> Oobviously I need to rebuild the *.moc files that comes from upstreams that
> are not deleted by "make distclean". Sometimes that goes automatically by the
> Makefile if the moc file is removed.  How should I handle this gracefully?
> Delete the *.moc files from the *.orig.tar file, delete them in the
> debian/rules files, delete them in the "clean" rule or something else?

The `clean' rule is run before the build (by dpkg-buildpackage), so I
would do

find . -name '*.moc' | xargs rm -f

to remove the .moc files.  If they can easily be regenerated, I would
ask upstream to remove them from the tarball (but I'm not a Qt/KDE
expert).  Make sure you Build-Depend on libqt-dev (which provides
moc)!

--
Roger Leigh
                "Liberty and Livelihood" - Support the Countryside Alliance