Re: Some questions about patching source

Stephen,

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 04:43:37PM -0500, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > > Define "other things". As long as it is headers, the best solution would
> > > be to ask the xscreensaver maintainer whether he could make a -dev
> > > package with the headers that you can build-depend on.

Hrm, what about asking whether xscreensaver-dev could have an .a file
with some of the object files from xscreensaver?

> Of course, all of this means that I have to figure out some other way to
> get those compiled binaries into debian/patches if I want to keep it
> cross-compilable.   grrr.  grumble.

The usual method is uuencode, but if it's the .o files you're talking
about, this won't make sense since compilation will fail (of course) for
all arches that you don't provide the files for. I think it is better to
get them from some -dev package that is built as a by-product of
xscreensaver.

   Simon

--
GPG Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4