Re: Some questions about patching source

Stephen,

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 02:21:07PM -0500, Stephen Gran wrote:
> I am putting together a .deb of cosmos (the xscreensaver module) for
> personal consumption - I don't think it's suitable to go into Debian
> proper, as upstream seems to have disappeared (at any rate, the site
> where I originally downloaded the source is gone, and google returns
> only old hits).

As long as it's maintained there is no problem with the package going
into Debian -- it may even happen that someone finds the package useful
and takes over upstream development.

> The problem I am having with putting it together is
> that in order for it to build from source, it needs a compiled
> xscreensaver source tree to pull some headers and other things from.

Define "other things". As long as it is headers, the best solution would
be to ask the xscreensaver maintainer whether he could make a -dev
package with the headers that you can build-depend on.

   Simon

--
GPG Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4