Re: fixed some RC bugs, need sponsor

Hi,

Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 08:17:46PM +0100 wrote:
> ok, read and done proper changes.
good deal.

> > For fortunes-it the source package is wrong, there should be a orig
> i've fixed that, using dpkg-source -b dir dir.orig. please check if it's correct
> now.

Take a look at
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ap-pkg-sourcepkg.html

there are some problems here with the source packages.  We're getting
there, but it still isn't correct.  I should be able to do:

$ interdiff -z  fortunes-it_1.51-5.diff.gz fortunes-it_1.51-5.1.diff.gz

and see only the changes that you made, instead I see a huge diff.

When I do:

$ zcat fortunes-it_1.51-5.1.diff.gz

I expect to see the differences between upstream pristine and the
source we are uploading, instead I see your changes.

Put another way, the orig directory you used was the 1.51-5 debianized
source dir, it should have been the pristine upstream source.

> > and a diff.  For doc-linux-sv the souce package started out wrong, so
> > that isn't your fault, you can leave it as it is.
> ok, i've fixed also doc-linux-sv with NMU changelog and correct version.

Same problem with this one, the orig should not be the previous debian
version, but should be the pristine upstream tarball.  doc-linux-sv
had an incorrect source package to start out with (the version number
indicates it is not a debian native package, but the absence of a diff
indicates that it is debian-native, this is likely the source of our
confusion).  If I were you I would leave that source package broken
and just fix the RC bug. (perhaps report a bug on the broken source
package as well)

-David