Re: fixed some RC bugs, need sponsor

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 07:01:01PM -0800, David Kimdon wrote:
[snip]
> Put another way, the orig directory you used was the 1.51-5 debianized
> source dir, it should have been the pristine upstream source.
right, i was missing the point (stupid error btw). new packages on http://debian.esaurito.net
should work.
anyway fortunes-it is fixed [1] by frankie@debian.org so this is quite useless
work but your tips help me anyway, thanks.

> > > and a diff.  For doc-linux-sv the souce package started out wrong, so
> > > that isn't your fault, you can leave it as it is.
> > ok, i've fixed also doc-linux-sv with NMU changelog and correct version.
> >

> Same problem with this one, the orig should not be the previous debian
> version, but should be the pristine upstream tarball.  doc-linux-sv
> had an incorrect source package to start out with (the version number
> indicates it is not a debian native package, but the absence of a diff
> indicates that it is debian-native, this is likely the source of our
> confusion).  If I were you I would leave that source package broken
> and just fix the RC bug. (perhaps report a bug on the broken source
> package as well)
ok, RC bug #140137 is open, should I open a new one against doc-linux-sv with
(trivial) patch attached?

when trying to fix #161852 on http-analyze i encountered the same problem (no
.orig file only .dsc and debianized .tar.gz)

cheers,
filippo.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=147018&repeatmerged=yes
--
Filippo Giunchedi
GNU/PG key id: 1024D/6B79D401

Linux IS user friendly, it is just selective who his friends are.