Re: Converting dpkg-conffile in postinst

itz> Are you missing Marc's point?  What do you advise him to do, when
itz> his upstream changed the file format?

Matt> Inform the user about the change, and optionally provide a
Matt> conversion script.

Does that mean you'd rather leave the package in a broken state than
infringe on policy?

In the recurring fl^H^Hdiscussions on -policy, I seldom side with ajt,
but in this case I would.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A. I did not vote for Emperor Bush.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087