Converting dpkg-conffile in postinst

Hi,

my package console-log will change its config file format on the next
release. The format is trivially convertible though. The config file
is marked as a dpkg-conffile in both old and new package version.

Can anybody name me a package that does a conffile conversion in the
maintainer scripts, and does a decent job? I desparately need to steal
some code ;)

Thanks!

Greetings
Marc