Re: moving a config file

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 04:41:01PM +0200, Oliver Kurth wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 12:08:01AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > I want to move some conffiles from one directory to another in a package
> > upgrade. Can I simply move it in the preinst? I suppose I will possibly
> > have to create the target directory too unless I pre-depend on the
> > package which would own it (not desirable).
>
> This is how I do it (or better, my predecessor maintainer of the
> package, but I changed that a little bit):

Thanks.

Now, what about one package moving another's configuration files?
I suppose that might count as illegal.

Specifically.. xpdf-lang-* provide files in /etc/xpdf. These packages
all depend on xpdf-common. I would like to change how these are managed
a little and move them all to /etc/xpdf.d. Can I have xpdf-common move
xpdf-lang-*'s conffiles?

The other alternative is to have a newer xpdf-common conflict with every
one of the current xpdf-lang-* packages, and update the versions of each
of them. That could work too; I maintain them all so it's possible.

Hamish